We encourage open discussion but we do reserve the right to moderate discussion on University of Virginia social media and digital platforms and to remove posts that contain:
· Profane or obscene content
· Off-topic content;
· Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination against protected classes;
· Sexual harassment content;
· Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
· Spam or comments that include links to external online sites;
· Solicitations of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement;
· Promotions of particular services, products or political candidates or organizations;
· Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
Violators may have their comments removed from the University's platforms. Continued or egregious violations of this policy may prompt the University to further restrict an individual's commenting on University platforms. In certain situations, the poster, as well as the content, may be reported to authorities, depending on the nature of the content.
Posts that refer to specific individuals or offices within the UVA community as part of the complaint, concern, or compliment will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the circumstances, at the discretion of page administrators, the post or comment may be removed.
Users who have concerns about specific conduct can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report them.
The University of Virginia is not responsible for the content posted by participants on any of its platforms, nor does its existence
endorsement of the content by the University. constitute
Participants understand that they are ultimately responsible for the content they post, and as such, understand legal issues may arise from the content they
post, and that the University of Virginia is not responsible for those outcomes.